Customise Confluence Page Not Found page

Hi,

How can we customise the content displayed on the Page Not Found page in Confluence 4.3.2? We would like to add a paragraph of our own and a link.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I am not very familar with Confluence, but if altassian programming style holds true, look for a file named

*404*.*. It might be a jsp file or a vm file. You might be able to tell by looking at the url when a page not found error occurs. There might also be a file with the word "*error* in its base file name. Try adding your text and link to either file. I would suspect it should be the 404 file though. You might need to restart Confluence and flush your browser cache.

Please be aware whenever Confluence is upgraded, these changes will need to be reapplied.

If you want to modify existing text, you might be able to do it through updating your language pack.

Thanks,

Found <confluence-install>/confluence/404.vm, which uses the velocity template language.

Which product do you want to do this for?

Sorry - just updated to make mention that it is Confluence (v4.3.2)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

459 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you