Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom JQL Filter using the value of an excerpt

Jane Mitchell July 27, 2021

Is it possible to use the excerpt on a page as a variable in a JQL filter query on that same page? Use case ( because we can't have custom user macros in Confluence Cloud ):

• We have sprint planning Confluence docs which show multiple Jira filters on the page.
  • This template is reused every sprint and each filter then has to individually be updated by hand to update the JQL query to use the new sprint value
    • Would rather have a custom variable that could be used in the JQL query that uses an excerpt which sets the sprint string name on the page.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2021

Hi Jane,

Thank you for raising this question. The JQL query is part of Jira, which the integration allows Confluence to reference.

There has been a feature request, but it's closed as of 2017:

I did some investigation to see what I could learn about any way to accomplish this. I discovered the discussion below, which has a  potential workaround:

Confluence Variables in JIRA JQL macro  

I hope this helps!

Take care,

Shannon

Ali Rad December 1, 2021

Hello @Shannon S

I just tried following the link above and it seems to be broken.

Can you please confirm that the link is correct as I also have the same requirement as Jane?

Thanks,

Ali Rad December 1, 2021

To be clear this following this link: Confluence Variables in JIRA JQL macro  gets me to:

link broken.jpg

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events