Custom Ageing field for Reports

afsal nazar August 26, 2020

Hi,

I have created a custom number field AGEING that calculates the difference between another custom date field START DATE and the current date. The AGEING custom field is automatically calculated when the issue is transitioned from one status to another. This is done using the automation.

Question: I want to create a custom chart using this custom AGEING field to show average ageing. Is this possible in Jira without using plugins? I checked the available report options but couldnt find anything i'm looking for...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 4, 2020

Hi @afsal nazar ,

As far as I know it is not possible with standard features of Jira. You can use marketplace apps. Our team developed Status Time app for this exact need. It provides average report with grouping on any field. e.g, average in progress time by issue creation week or average cycle time by project.

The time calculation can be based on your working calendar. Once you define your working hours and holidays into the app, then cycle time for a ticket created on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM will reported as a few hours rather 3 days.

You can check the online demo and play with it to see the functionalities. Hope it helps.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2020

You are asking this question in the "Confluence" topic. Don't expect answers if it is posted to the wrong audience.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events