Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating tabs and frames in confluence

Adam Nedelman August 5, 2015

Hi,

I would like to add tabs and frames to a confluence page to make it more... website style. There is a Web UI Functionality that looks like its available for Server, but not for Cloud. 

Attaching a screen of what i'm trying to create. Notice the top tabs and contextual links on the left. 

confluence website.png

Here are the UI Web Modules: https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-plugin-guide/confluence-plugin-module-types/web-ui-modules

Is there any way to do this on Cloud without the UI modules? I have tried tables, and columns, but i cannot link to cells; i really need FRAMES and TABS. 

Here is the response from Support: 

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Cloud Support, I will be glad to help you out with this issue. I understand you want to make use of the Web UI Functionality to customize Confluence and JIRA.
In most cases customization is out of the scope of support per our Support Offerings and is considered a restricted function in Cloud environments. We can definitely try to guide you in the correct direction. To try and get a better understanding of the inquiry, can you please answer the following questions:
  1. Are you looking for some example .VMD/decorator files that you can use as explained in the guide mentioned above?
If so, these .vmd files can usually be found in standalone installations of JIRA/Confluence as they are the ones that the default themes use.
For example, the following location houses some for Confluence:
<Confluence Home Directory>/confluence/decorators
Do note that you would have to download the Confluence server version, extract and go to the path referenced above to look at these .VMD files with velocity examples. I was not able to find a specific module that we provide for download, but the guide mentioned above mentions these default vmd files as examples.

Any insights are welcome. 

Thanks,
Adam 

2 answers

0 votes
Adam Nedelman August 5, 2015

Thank you, Davin. Looks like Server is on our roadmap for 2015. X-Fingers. 

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2015

Unfortunately, there are a limited number of add-ons that you can get with the cloud offering. Currently all of the add-ons that add this functionality are only available for the self-hosted version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events