Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new space - is it the best choice ?

Marianne Le Plain June 15, 2022

Hi there, 

I am currently looking out for some solutions options for my project. 
I would like the possibility to create a private and secured space where I can insert a a template document to give for completion to the team. I also would like this template document to be secure and protect the data that is entered in it. 

I am looking at creating a space to insert a Matrix template. 

I was wondering, if the completion of that Matrix in a Confluence Space can ensure integrity of the data (people cannot change other people inputs for example) and also if there is different level of access into the space that we can give to the different members of the team (eg. managers vs others)? 

Also, my idea is to only provide that Matrix in that newly created space, nothing else.
Do you think creating a space is the right solution for what I am looking for? 

Thank you in advance for your insights, help.

1 answer

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

Hi @Marianne Le Plain ,

First of all, I express a different opinion.

For the strict permission control you mentioned, I don't think that's Confluenc's product positioning.

This is the collaborative approach we should advocate " solve the problem of isolated information island, achieve knwoledge sharing in the organization, and build a collaborative environment for all the teams."

btw, maybe you can achieve the above functions through some plugins and secondary coding.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events