Creating multi-level lists in Confluence WYSIWYG editor

My company is currently using Confluence Cloud with no additional plugins for internal communication and technical documentation. Being responsible for the latter, I'm going crazy with how poor the formatting features in the basic WYSIWYG editor are.

It seems to be impossible to create multi-level lists that alternate between numbers and bullets, depending on the level. When the numbering gets broken, there is no way to restart the numbering (as there is in any normal WYSIWYG editor).

Are there any workarounds? Using Wiki markup directly in the editor doesn't do the trick. We're hopefully moving to Confluence Server with a source code editor and Scroll plugins soon but I need a solution in the meantime.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

image2016-11-15 9:17:46.png

As for resetting, just repeatedly click a list button until you get to the point that you want to work from.

This widget could not be displayed.
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Nov 15, 2016

You may have some luck with the Numbered Headings addon from Avisi:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/nl.avisi.confluence.plugins.numberedheadings/cloud/overview

You can alternate settings using the "Custom" numbering method, although I'm not sure if it will let you include bullets as an option. You'll have to try it out or possibly ask directly.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

470 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you