Creating multi-level lists in Confluence WYSIWYG editor

Katri Metsävuo November 15, 2016

My company is currently using Confluence Cloud with no additional plugins for internal communication and technical documentation. Being responsible for the latter, I'm going crazy with how poor the formatting features in the basic WYSIWYG editor are.

It seems to be impossible to create multi-level lists that alternate between numbers and bullets, depending on the level. When the numbering gets broken, there is no way to restart the numbering (as there is in any normal WYSIWYG editor).

Are there any workarounds? Using Wiki markup directly in the editor doesn't do the trick. We're hopefully moving to Confluence Server with a source code editor and Scroll plugins soon but I need a solution in the meantime.

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

You may have some luck with the Numbered Headings addon from Avisi:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/nl.avisi.confluence.plugins.numberedheadings/cloud/overview

You can alternate settings using the "Custom" numbering method, although I'm not sure if it will let you include bullets as an option. You'll have to try it out or possibly ask directly.

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

image2016-11-15 9:17:46.png

As for resetting, just repeatedly click a list button until you get to the point that you want to work from.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events