Creating link and sub page in one action

markgillespien August 5, 2020

We are creating a top level list of product requirements in a table, containing the JIRA link to the agile code task, a brief user story, and then finally, if required a detailed design.  This can often get very wordy, so need it's own page.

We are creating over a hundred of these in this top level table.   Currently, I appear to have to go to the top of Confluence, click +  add a blank page, add some content, then go back to my original page, and then add a link to it in the top level table.

This seems REALLY clumsy.   Can I not create a link to a new page in one go?  

Using confluence 7.6.1

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2020

Almost.  I create page stubs all the time.

Imagine you've got pages AAA, BBB and main.  AAA and BBB live below main.

On main, you put in [AAA] and [BBB] to link to those two pages, but you can also put in [CCC].  When you save the page, it will show as a link (in a different colour to indicate it is a dead link) and when you click on the link, it will take you to the page create process for CCC

mark_gillespie August 5, 2020

Perfect.  That's what I was looking for,

Many Thanks.

Heath Raftery
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 15, 2023

Nice.

Note it's now: [CCC]()

In other words, the square bracketed link name needs to be followed by empty parentheses.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events