Creating a table of URLs

stephen.harland May 25, 2021

Created a table of URLs in excel, want to share them as a confluence doc.
The naming of said URLs is very important, but the second I paste the table into confluence it starts converting them to the "lozenge" buttons - which obfuscates the exact syntax of the URL.

How do I stop this happening?

2 answers

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

Hi @stephen.harland ,

If you have any additional apps installed for your Confluence, you may try to use their features to work with links.

For example, if you use our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence for filtering your tables and aggregating data, you may use its Table from CSV macro to upload your excel file to Confluence and the Table Transformer macro to make your links clickable.

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Disclosure: the app is from Stiltsoft.

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

Yeah, you are right, the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app was created by the Stiltsoft team - the name of the team is included into my username.

But I know that other apps support CSV import as well, so you may find smth else to avoid manual routine with links.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2021

Hi Katerina,

There's no problem mentioning the Stiltsoft app or having it in your name on Community. I think Matt wanted to ensure this part of the Community guidelines are upheld:

Make sure the user is aware you are affiliated with the app by mentioning that in the body of your post (they may not notice it in your username). For example, if you are recommending your Flurb app, you might say: “Please note that I’m one of the folks behind Flurb, there may be other solutions out there.”

Thanks for providing a helpful answer on the question!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Team

Like # people like this
0 votes
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

Hi, @stephen.harland - welcome to the Community!

You can edit how each individual link displays by clicking on the "lozenge" and choosing Display URL instead of Display as Link:

2021-05-25 17_07_11-Add Page - Digital Team Wiki - Confluence.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events