Creating JIRA issues from custom text in Confluence page using REST

Zee A April 30, 2021

I know there is a JIRA component in Confluence that allows you to create issues in JIRA based on dara you have in a table. But that is limited. 

What I want to achieve is, let's say I have a list of task [Action points] with name of person assigned to it from a meeting.

e.g.

Sprint Meeting Aug 2021

1- Merge all branches. @jane doe 

2- Roll back previous deploy @ Ali

3- Setup a new review meeting @ David A

I am hoping to setup a button against each task (or one for all)

That would actually trigger the post call to Jira issue creation endpoint where I have already defined the primary details like project, issue type etc. However, the summary of issue, the assigned to and probably the label is dynamically picked from the data in Table.

Or even if this data in table can be passed as json payload to the post call

Unsure if U was able to explain the problem properly. Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

@Zee A You can create any line into a Jira issue using the same function that you use for a table.  The issue is that you would have to create them one at a time.  It is not really set up to do what you are asking for.  There are some apps that might https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=server&product=confluence&query=jira%20issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events