Create template with buttons that link to other documentation templates?

Steve Solun October 24, 2017

Hello Experts,

I would like to create a general template page "Docs" and attach 2 buttons there - "Research" and "Documentation".

Once user clicks the button it opens a template page with predefined fields for "Research" or "Documentation.

Please advice how can I do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Anton Chemlev - Toolstrek -
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2017

Hi,

It is very easy.

1) Create templates you need - Research, Documentation. I think you need to create global templates (blueprints to be correct)

2) Create template Docs. Put macros "Create from template" on this page for each of earlier created templates, and name them appropriately. 

3) Once you create page from Docs template you'll get buttons to templates you need. Voila!

Steve Solun October 24, 2017

Hi Anton, thanks a lot for such fast and informative answer!

I am a bit new here and learning by doing and asking :)

In my case I have a space for documentation, so for now it should be within the space scope.

Will try it!

Please provide me with a link that shows it so I can compare to what I do.

Anton Chemlev - Toolstrek -
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events