Create jira issue

RichardK May 22, 2013

Hi,

We have a Confluence space set up where we monitor all of our issues statuses across all of our projects and it is really good.

To improve this we are implementing "Actions" into projects, so we can track things such as decisions and actions that team members need to do but that wont follow a bug workflow.

Is it possible to create these issues via Confluence without having to go to Jira? If there was something similar to the Create Issue button in jira that could appear in Confluence pages being the ideal.

Anyone any tips on this. The ideal is just for a button called Create Issue and it knows the project to add the issue against as it is linked in the Space Admin.

Thanks,

Richard

1 answer

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

Hi Richard, have you read this doc? It seems to explain what you need.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Inserting+JIRA+Issues

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

Ramiro is right. But be aware that only a limited set of system fields is being displayed so you don't have that many options. If you want to create issue with mandatory custom fields for example you'll have a problem :-)

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

I'm not aware for any plugin that allow this, maybe doing some research ;)

RichardK May 22, 2013

Thanks for that, although it's not what i am after. It needs to be user friendly solution, i.e. i dont want the users of the page to have to edit it.

Ideally i just want a button that says Create Issue and the user clicks it and it pops up with the Create Issue box for jira

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events