Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create issues custom form from Confluence to JIRA

maxime_lienard November 7, 2019

Hi,

I have a tab in Confluence that I am using to create issues to JIRA. For the moment, I use the macro "create a issue" directly from Confluence to JIRA but only the required fields defined in JIRA are shown. So it means a lot of manual works to do in JIRA once the issue is created to complete properly my issue.

Is it possible to show all the fields in Confluence without making them necessarily required ?
If you have any suggestions, I would be happy to read them 

thank you 

2 answers

2 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2019

If you are using Jira cloud then look at the Raley Intake Forms - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=intake+forms. You can setup a custom form to create issues in Jira. With rules and default values, if you need. Defining the fields you want to have on a form.

Also, you can use our app - ConfiForms for building your forms in Confluence and then creating Jira issues from the collected data (conditionally)

maxime_lienard November 14, 2019

Thank you I will have a look at it

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

Hello Maxime,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you.

It's not possible to include additional fields when creating issues for Jira via Confluence. We have a few feature requests for that; have a look below:

• CONFCLOUD-36260 Create Jira Issue Macro should include additional fields
  • CONFCLOUD-31867 Ability to map more fields from a Confluence table into a JIRA issue when highlighting and creating issues

You can vote on the feature requests and you will automatically be added to the list of watchers for any future updates.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

maxime_lienard November 14, 2019

Hi Shannon, thank you for sharing the feature requests.

I have an additional question. By defining some fields required in JIRA most of them are not showing up in Confluence.
Is it possible to set required fields in JIRA, then in Confluence, in a context of table and creating multiple issues, to show those fields and to assign the value to one of the columns of the table ?
Like it is currently possible only with summary and description 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2019

Hello Maxime,

Thank you for following up.

From my understanding, you're asking if you can map some required fields in Jira to the columns in the Jira Issues Macro in Confluence. However, that requirement matches the request I sent you earlier:

• CONFCLOUD-31867 Ability to map more fields from a Confluence table into a JIRA issue when highlighting and creating issues

Can you help me to understand what it is exactly what you are trying to do that doesn't match this requirement? 

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

maxime_lienard November 28, 2019

Hello Shannon,

I think this request would fit to my expectations.

Here are the different things that I am trying to achieve and what I would like to achieve ideally 

Example JIRA tickets.PNG

I hope this is giving you a better understanding

Thank you for your help 

Best regards 

Maxime

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 2, 2019

Hi Maxime,

Thank you for the visual. My apologies; I'm still not quite sure what I am looking at here. However, the ability to create issues from a table in Confluence is a more simplified method of creating issues for Jira. It won't be able to use more than the default fields at this time. In order to use more fields you'll need to create the issue directly within Jira.

If you do require more functionality outside of the request for more fields, you can raise it as a feature request at jira.atlassian.com

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events