Create a forum in Confluence

Jason Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2013

I am a new confluence/jira admin and would like to create a forum in Confluence but the capability isn't jumping out at me and I don't see it in the documentation. Does Confluence (on-demand) support the create of forums? If so please point me in the right direction

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2013

Jason,

I'm not sure about on-demand gives you, but the only forum I know about comes as a plugin made by, I think, Adaptavist. I believe it is free and if you have some technical aptitude, you should be able to set it up. If not, I found the people at Adaptavist to be very helpful.

You can create a kind of forum by using the blogging feature, that is space-specific, as opposed to being something you can hide within a space. So if everyone who has access to the space are also ok to access the blog, you could try that too.

Cheers

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

Jason,

You can refer to this documentation on using Confluence as a forum: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DISC/Confluence+as+a+Forum. However, as Mick highlighted it's a 3rd party plugin which is not bundled in OnDemand as far as I know. Hence it's an option for Standalone.

You may wanna also have a look at this content: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=157232

Roger Chambers July 17, 2015

Jason, The first reference you provided above outlines an option to use the Community Bubbles plugin to create a forum. The description there emphasizes the plugin as being free. However, when clicking through to the plugin itself on the Adaptavist site, I'm provided with a pricing structure for the plugin. Do you know if this plugin is truly free to use? If it is not, are you aware of any other functionality to create forums on a Confluence space that might have become available since the time of your initial post several years ago?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events