Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Jira issue in Confluence issue

Nathan Overlin August 22, 2019

Greetings,

I am working on setting up an onboarding project for my company. I know how to create a Jira issue based on a set of text from a confluence page, but it looks like the linking is not working as I would expect.

Example -

• I have a table with some columns in my Confluence Page
  • I highlight a set of text such as "(Presales) Site Audit Discussion" and click Create Jira issue
  • After creating the issue I can confirm that makes a Jira ticket as desired, however, the confluence page acts as nothing happened. The text I highlighted has no indication a ticket was made.

That being said should the text actually have a link or something to indicate a Jira was made or does it remain as normal text? I know different Jira views can be made in confluence to show the different tickets, but if I make tickets randomly on this table, I would like the specific text I highlighted to show the ticket or status.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2019

Hey there, Nathan!

This behavior is present in both Confluence Cloud and Self-Hosted, according to reports.

In both Cloud and Self-Hosted, the behavior is quite similar (if not the same) as what you described.

Here are the links to the reports I mentioned, Nathan:

Currently, the workaround consists of manually adding Jira issue links to the desired pages.

Let us know your thoughts on this. Looking forward to your reply!

Nathan Overlin August 26, 2019

Thanks that does seem like the issue and from what I can tell on the thread it's random to some extent and has been going on for a year or better.  

I will pass this on to my team to try and manually add. Hopefully, we get a fix or workaround soon!

Thanks,

Nathan

Like Diego likes this
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Nathan!

Come share with us again sometime.

Renae Dahiya January 22, 2020

@Nathan Overlin  - We are evaluating Jira/Confluence integration and ran into this issue today as well. Any updates?

Like Maggie Santos Silva likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events