Create Jira Issue from Confluence without showing link and with a default template

majd makhoul April 21, 2023

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding creating Jira issue in confluence by highlighting some text:

1) After creating the Jira, the link will show up next to the words I highlighted. Is there a way to turn off this feature? I don’t want to see the links inside the page.

2) Is there a way to create the Jira from a default template with predefined values for PROJECT/TYPE/FixVersion/etc.? Also, would it be possible to somehow parse the current page name and add it into the summary/title of the Jira?

3) Is there a way to add the highlighted text directly into the description instead of the summary?

4) Is it possible to add an assignee option when creating the Jira? 

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

@majd makhoul 

1. You would have to remove the link in edit mode of Confluence to remove the link.
  2. You can create a link in Confluence that would have predefined information in the URL and then the user could complete remaining fields.  This would not be done through the highlighting but would be an actual HTML link on a confluence page.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-create-issues-using-direct-html-links-in-jira-server-159474.html 
  3. Nope
  4. You would have to use a HTML link and not the highlighted text.
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2023

@majd makhoul Unfortunately there is not a setting to change number 1.

0 votes
majd makhoul April 22, 2023

Thanks Brant. Regarding (1), I was wondering if there’s a setting to change so the Jira links are not added automatically inside the page.

There may be many users who will create Jiras using this method, and it would take a lot of effort to edit the page and delete the links each time someone creates a Jira. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events