Create JIRA issue from confluence disappeared

This is for the cloud-hosted versions of JIRA/Confluence, which do not allow changes in the application link between JIRA and Confluence.

When selecting text and hovering over, a pop-up normally appears to create inline comments, or open a JIRA issue. The Open JIRA Issue button is no longer showing.

Application links are there, no recent permissions changes, and all 11 plugin modules are enabled.

Possibly related issue, when attempting to make a JIRA Status Report in Confluence, it gives me an Upgrade your JIRA to 6.1 error. Could this be just an Atlassian hosting error?

And yes, this is similar to the following issue, which remains unresolved: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Unable-to-create-jira-issue-from-confluence/qaq-p/625309

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Blair,

Is this in reference to your b*******s.atlassian.net account? I just had a look at your server but as a site administrator, when I highlight text on one of your pages in Confluence, I do get the pop-up to either add an inline comment or create a Jira issue.

Were you able to resolve this or are you still having the issue with specific users? If so, can you let me know any particular users that have the problem that I might be able to test with?

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Thanks Shannon,

by the next morning, it appears to have resolved itself. This was found by our two active users.

Excellent! Thank you for confirming that.

It was resolved in the past with a cache flush done by support, but I believe that bug was resolved, so if you have the issue again, please don't hesitate to ping me here and I can have another look.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

516 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you