Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Block Diagram with Clickable Blocks

Oliver Chamberlin March 27, 2019

Right now I know how to insert a diagram in Confluence and connect it to a hyperlink.

How do I create a block diagram with multiple clickable blocks that will link to other documents?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2019

Hi,

you can use any app from the Atlassian Marketplace. Depending on your Confluence version (Cloud or Server) there are different apps available:

Cloud:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?category=Charts%20%26%20diagramming&hosting=cloud&product=confluence

Server:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?category=Charts%20%26%20diagramming&hosting=server&product=confluence

The most relevant ones for your tasks are:

• Draw.IO
  • Gliffy
  • Lucidchart

All three can accomplish the task of drawing block diagrams & link them somewhere.

We use Draw.IO & are quite happy.

Best,

JP

Oliver Chamberlin March 28, 2019

JP,

I appreciate the answer. I just created my block diagram in draw.io. How do I publish it in Confluence with links?

Thanks,

OC

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2019

Right click on the object & select "Edit Link", enter the URL. When you save the drawing, the object will be linked to the URL

Like Jaroslav Pavlicek likes this
Oliver Chamberlin March 28, 2019

I appreciate the fast response. Thank you for the information. I was not clear in my previous question. I already know how to edit a link to an object in my block diagram. I have links connected to objects in my block diagram. How do I publish this file in Confluence so that other users can open this block diagram and click on each object and link to documents that provide more information concerning that object?

Like # people like this
Andrew Rose February 14, 2022

Has there been any update to Confluence functionality which may help to insert multiple links onto an image?
For example onto a Process Flow diagram.
If not, I am thinking of creating multiple images, then inserting those into the cells of a table, and then hyperlinking from there to the related info.

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2022

Hi Andrew! I don't believe there's been an update like this. Like the solution above, you would probably need to use an additional diagramming app like Gliffy.

Like Ruud Dekker likes this
Ruud Dekker November 10, 2022

Hi Andrew, I was looking for the same thing as you and came across the following : Scroll ImageMap for Confluence | Atlassian Marketplace.

I haven't tried it yet, but hopes it will do the trick for you!

Kind regards.

1 vote
Bastian -drawio Diagrams-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 10, 2022

Hey Oliver, Bastian from draw.io here. Linking to content is something that is requested frequently from our users. You have quite few options to achieve that with draw.io, please have a look at the following three blog posts:

Best wishes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events