Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Copy/Paste of hyperlink stopped working on 11/24

I have a page in confluence where I copy a hyperlink of a ServiceNow task and description to a table.  The pasting of this hyperlink works.

I then copy/paste this hyperlink and description into a separate confluence page that shows what I am working on that day.  This worked great until 11/24.  Now when I copy/paste, it underlines the text with the hyperlink, but doesn't include the URL. 

What changed on 11/24?

2 answers

Hello Shannon,

We are facing the same issue.  We copy a list of Jira tickets from excel with hyperlinks and once we publish the confluence document, the links get removed. This was working for us last month. We are using Chrome 96.0.4664.110 on Windows 10.

Thank you,

Ana

0 votes
Shannon Atlassian Team Dec 06, 2021

Hello Kathy,

Thank you for raising this on Atlassian Community. I hope you are doing well. My name is Shannon, and I'm happy to assist you.

I understand you've encountered an issue where you paste a URL into Confluence, it underlines the link, but it doesn't include the URL. Can you show me an example of how this looks?

I haven't encountered any issues lately that would affect copying and pasting into Confluence, and generally, the browser or OS settings control that. Can you tell me what browser and OS you're using and if you have made any changes lately to them? Also, can you confirm if your colleagues encounter the same problem?

Take care, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

43,092 views 30 134
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you