Copy Page Tree "You're not allowed to view that page, or it does not exist"

Glownet June 2, 2014

Trying to copy a page tree (both old tree and new tree are children of the same page)

Getting the Error: The application was unable to serve your request: com.atlassian.confluence.rpc.RemoteException: You're not allowed to view that page, or it does not exist.

There are no restrictions on the pages copied or their parents

No changes were made to the permissions after installing the Copy Page Tree plugin.

Please, help!

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Glownet July 22, 2014

The problem was resolved with playing with space permissions. Apparently they were not set up properly during the installation of the plugin. But now everything is working and I am really saving lots of time thanks to the Copy Page Tree!

Thanks for Brendan for support!

1 vote
Steve Thair March 16, 2015

I'm experience in the same issue now in Confluence Cloud with CopyPageTree v1.0.0 but the group referenced above "atlassian-addons" isn't a group in my Cloud account so I can't add it.

I've explicitly granted the add-on full perms for that space but still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

cheers,
Steve 

1 vote
Brendan Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2014

Hi,

Atlassian has been "evolving" the way permissions for Connect AddOns are handled.

Currently you need to make sure the group "atlassian-addons" has the required access to the content you're operating on.

So for this case please give the group "atlassian-addons" full read-write access to the space.

thank you,

Brendan

0 votes
Brendan Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2014

I created this general documenation page explaining the issue which is relevant for all "Atlassian Cloud AddOns" that do anything with content:

https://artemis.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CPTC/Confluence+Cloud+AddOn+Permissions

Just FYI.

0 votes
Brendan Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2014

Hi Alex,

As Mehmet Kazgan mentioned please check the space permissions.

If you create a new 'temp-test' space does it work?

I'm going to work on improving the error messages to report exactly what the issue is. You can follow that issue here:

https://artemis.atlassian.net/browse/CPT-3

I will follow up on the ticket you opened also.

thanks, Brendan

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2014

Alex,

You sat there are no restrictions on the pages, but I would just in case verify that from Space admin.

Also they released couple versions related to that permissions issue for that plugin, are you using the latest?

RELEASE 0.40.0

Improvements:

* Preserves Permissions (View/Edit Restrictions) while copying pages

* Tested Compatibility to 5.4

RELEASE 0.35.1

Bugfixes:

* Fix: only pages are copied that the authenticated user has the permission to VIEW

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events