Convert mediawiki to word documents

I am trying to move a mediawiki site to confluence v5. Confluence now no longer support using the Universal Wiki Converter (UWC) for version 5. Confluence has advised that they accept "page and page tree imports in the form of Word Documents" or "Confluence Space Exports and Confluence Site Exports".

Therefore I need a way on converting the mediawiki pages into word documents, as well as retaining the structure.

Currently, I have used mediawiki's dumpBackup.phpto create an XML dump of my wiki. I then used a mediawikiXML_exporter.php. This created a exported_mediawiki_pages/directory containing all Pages, File, Categories, Projects, and Users. I checked and all my pages and these files contained mediawiki versions of all my pages and users etc, but stored as .txt files.

Given I cannot use UWC to upload this to confluence, is there a way to convert to a docx format so that I can upload into confluence?

P.S. I'm well aware I may be doing with the wrong approach so if there is a better way to do this from scratch, I'm open to any solution.

Thank you

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

284 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you