Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert draft to PDF or publish privately to convert to PDF.

Anna June 22, 2022

Hi!

I want to convert a page to PDF to see if it looks alright, but I can't find the option to do so. I think it's because it's a draft?

So I thought I could maybe privately publish the page for me only, without notifiying anyone (as it is a work-in-process) and then export the document to PDF but I can't find any option for that, either. 

Can anyone help me out? Is there any way for me to do this?
I'm using the Confluence Cloud.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Hi Ana,

Yes I believe your theory is correct. Until the page is published the first time you can’t export. What you can do, as you elude to here, is publish privately. Now to do that you want to do it in a private space. If you have the permissions to create a new space you can limit who has access to it. Then you can use this as your own little sandbox to create articles in private. Once you are ready to publish publicly then you can simply move it to the other space. They may be other approaches to the issue as well, but this is what makes sense to me.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events