Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Block Templates

Toni Wowtscherk December 6, 2022

Is it possible to build specific content templates that can be used repetitively on a page itself? i.e. the structure of meeting notes as a base frame is reoccurring repetitively in the same page. Can the custom content structure be saved and then selected from the "insert" menu? This would save copy/pasting time and the time to delete old content from previous meetings. 

3 answers

1 vote
Sam Lucas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2022

@Toni Wowtscherk Great idea! I am the new Templates PM and this caught my eye! Can you help me understand more use cases and specific content blocks that you'd want to templatize? Thanks! 

Toni Wowtscherk January 3, 2023

@Sam Lucas the idea would be to define existing content as a template and be able to reuse it by a simple selection or drag and drop. This would avoid constant copy-pasting and errors that are sneaking into copyied content. 

Sam Lucas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2023

Thanks for the note @Toni Wowtscherk ! If you're interested and available, I'd really appreciate scheduling a brief zoom call with you to chat templates and specifically, content block templates! I am seeing a handful of this customer feedback! Thanks! 

Marcin Grodzicki
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 22, 2023

@Sam Lucas has work on this progressed any further perhaps? Happy to share some sample use cases but you could also look into how blocks work in Google docs 

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 5, 2023

Hi Toni,

Happy New Year, and welcome to the community!

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but you could utilize the Excerpt macro to mark content you want to reuse and then the Excerpt include macro to reuse it on a page. However, you should be aware that the content has to be accessible by the user, or else they won't see it on the page.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Take care,

Shannon | Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No, this can't be done.  Atlassian expect you to use templates to create new pages with blocks of content pre-definied or prompting you for details - instead of "copying and pasting" from old meetings, you could just use the built-in meeting template, or define your own.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events