We are in process of consolidating a small instance into big enterprise instance of Confluence data center.
- Both versions are matching, Plugins are matching and we are Confluence version 6.15.9
I have figured that export to xml each of the spaces from small instance and importing into enterprise instance will work and will create all of the data.
- What about the users and group?
- Will page/space permission preserved during export/import?
- Are there ways to export and import users and group?
Any other items I should watch out? Any help will be appreciated.
Sounds like you have the exporting down but here is a link to the documentaiton just in case you have a question. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/export-content-to-word-pdf-html-and-xml-139475.html
To answer your questions.
- What about the users and group? Importing a space will not import any users or groups that may have been granted specific space permissions in your source Confluence site. This means that if any pages are restricted to these groups, you may not be able to see them until you recreate these groups in your destination site. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restoring-a-space-152036.html
- Will page/space permission preserved during export/import? See answer above.
- Are there ways to export and import users and group? I believe you need an app like this to do an export of users and groups. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/126/bulk-user-upload-management-utility?hosting=server&tab=overview
@Brant_Schlatzer - thank for reply. Great info.
Looks like I will have to follow this process if try to do this without any tool:
- know/document current mapping of space to group
- export all of the users and create them in new instance
- Create all of the groups used in new instance
- Add new users to appropriate groups
- Protect newly imported spaces with groups/users
Anything I am missing?
Is your Confluence actually storing all users and their passwords natively? Normally, particularly in enterprise environments, you'd use AD/LDAP/Crowd as the backend user store. If so, you might want to get the smaller Confluence using the same user backend. Then migrating content between systems will be easier.
Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events