• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Connection between JIRA and Confluence

HI guys,

I have some trouble with the link between JIRA and Confluence.

For instance, from JIRA to CONFLUENCE :

• Notifications : OK
  • Page creation from JIRA to Confluence (with plugin) : OK

But in CONFLUENCE :

• When I add the JIRA "create/filter" macro to a page, there’s a window opening asking me to connect to Confluence… and it doesn’t work, the window keeps poping...

When I finally get it through (with a lot of F5) :

• For “create a new demand” I get “Server error : 500”
  • “recent history” and “JIRA Graphics” doesn’t work as well

Any ideas ? 

Thanks a lot

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

Can you confirm with me what version of Jira and Confluence you are running? 

I would recommend removing the application link on both sides and attempt to re-connect and see if that fixes things. 

If it does not, you can proceed through the checklist from the Application Links Troubleshooting Guide. This will help you to narrow down the issue. If you continue to have issues, then you can let me know the details from that troubleshooting guide and we can proceed from there.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

JIRA version : 8.2

Confluence version : 6.1.3

But it doesn't seem to be relevant : we are testing JIRA V8.2 (was the same with the V7.6 before that) and Confluence V7.0.3 and that doesn't change a thing.

Thank you for your answer, we will take a look through the checklist form.

Regards,

Thomas

Thomas,

Thank you for confirming. Removing and re-adding application links does to fix any connection issues, so I hope that can work for you if you're not able to narrow-down the issue with the checklist.

Take a look at your logs as well when attempting to access Jira via Confluence, since there may be a hint as to what is wrong.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

335 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you