Connection between JIRA and Confluence

Thomas Taquet December 2, 2019

HI guys,

I have some trouble with the link between JIRA and Confluence.

For instance, from JIRA to CONFLUENCE :

• Notifications : OK
  • Page creation from JIRA to Confluence (with plugin) : OK

But in CONFLUENCE :

• When I add the JIRA "create/filter" macro to a page, there’s a window opening asking me to connect to Confluence… and it doesn’t work, the window keeps poping...

When I finally get it through (with a lot of F5) :

• For “create a new demand” I get “Server error : 500”
  • “recent history” and “JIRA Graphics” doesn’t work as well

Any ideas ? 

Thanks a lot

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2019

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

Can you confirm with me what version of Jira and Confluence you are running? 

I would recommend removing the application link on both sides and attempt to re-connect and see if that fixes things. 

If it does not, you can proceed through the checklist from the Application Links Troubleshooting Guide. This will help you to narrow down the issue. If you continue to have issues, then you can let me know the details from that troubleshooting guide and we can proceed from there.

Regards,

Shannon

Thomas Taquet December 9, 2019

Hi Shannon,

JIRA version : 8.2

Confluence version : 6.1.3

But it doesn't seem to be relevant : we are testing JIRA V8.2 (was the same with the V7.6 before that) and Confluence V7.0.3 and that doesn't change a thing.

Thank you for your answer, we will take a look through the checklist form.

Regards,

Thomas

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2019

Thomas,

Thank you for confirming. Removing and re-adding application links does to fix any connection issues, so I hope that can work for you if you're not able to narrow-down the issue with the checklist.

Take a look at your logs as well when attempting to access Jira via Confluence, since there may be a hint as to what is wrong.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events