Connecting our knowledge base with the customer portal

Kelly Basara February 21, 2018

I was able to figure out how to create a Confluence space for our knowledge base articles. From here, I was able to link this confluence space to our Jira Service Desk Project. What I am wondering is how we can integrate the Confluence Knowledge Base Space to appear on the Customer Portal.... that way customers can enter in tickets as needed, but also view all knowledge base articles available to them. 

I understand there is a WIKI link that allows anonymous access to our knowledge base (if given the correct anonymous permissions - which I have).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! We are brand new starting to use JIRA for the service desk and knowledge base portion of the software.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2018

The way the JSD integrates the KB for customers is searching the knowledge base space(s) when the user starts typing in the search field of the "Help Center", the search field of the individual service desk, or the summary field of a request.  The user can then click a KB article summary snippet from the search results to pull the full page content into a pop-open window.

The way the JSD integrates the KB for agents is to populate a section in the issue view with search results from the associated space.  There's also a link for the agent to execute their own search as well as launch the creation of a new page in the KB Confluence space.

Perhaps a link in the Help Desk description field or individual Service Desk description fields would help your JSD customers find their way to the publicly available KB site.

Hope this helps - if so, please click the checkmark next to my answer to help others looking for this information.

Cheers,
~~Larry Brock

2 votes
Charlie Allen May 2, 2018

I was looking to blending Knowledge base content into the customer facing SD portal too. Searching isnt massively intuitive if you dont know what content exists. Seems like an obvious use case. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events