Confluene getting unneccessary emails

Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2017

I am getting unnecessary emails  from Confluence

I want email notification which I have part of it as well as my team updating something

Below are my notification settings

capture.pngPlease suggest which notification should be enabled?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2017

Hi Siddheshwar,

Which notifications are you receiving that you don't want?

I would start with unsubscribing from daily updates as well as recommended updates; these may be the emails you're referring to.

As for your team mates, if they're updating a particular space you can subscribe to that, or you can follow them individually. This way you will receive updates from them.

You have autowatch on as well which means any time you create/edit or comment on a page you will get updates on future updates to that page.

Regards,

Shannon

Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2017

Thanks, Shannon

Currently, I am getting emails from other space in which I am not part of it.

I just want notifications which I have created or my team created.

Regards,

Siddheshwar

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2017

Siddheshwar,

It's not possible to follow a group or team of users. You will either be able to watch individual Spaces, Pages, and users, but not groups.

We have received requests to implement it but we have no plans to do so in the near future:

Subscribe to network is the option you would want if you want to watch any single user that you follow.

Otherwise, you can unsubscribe to all other updates, besides Autowatch if you want to automatically watch pages you interact with.

I hope this helps but do let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Shannon

Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2017

Shannon,

Thanks for the answer, if I select Subscribe to network option do I need to follow each user which is available on my team?

Regards,

Siddheshwart

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 20, 2017

Hi,

Yes, you will need to still subscribe to each user individually. The Subscribe to Network option simply confirms you want to receive emails when those users update.

Regards,

Shannon

Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2017

Thanks, Shannon :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events