Confluence will not load despite service running after upgrade

Echevarria, Christian January 30, 2021

Successful upgrade from v6.15 to v.7.8.0. Service starts, however nothing loads in Localhost, site cannot be reached. This issue did not occur in lower region after upgrade. Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2021

What does the log say the problem is?

Echevarria, Christian January 30, 2021

Thanks for your reply - apologies as I am a bit unfamiliar with logs in Confluence. Which log file in question should I have a look at, and is there anything in particular I should be looking at in the log file?

Am I able to share the log file here?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2021

Sorry, yes, the first log file to look at is the application log.  That should be in <confluence home>/log/atlassian-confluence.log

That should have errors in it if Confluence has started to run and failed, or is running, but has not been able to serve pages.

If there is no log there, then head to <confluence installation>/log/catalina.out

Echevarria, Christian February 1, 2021

Thanks for clarifying. We were able to parse through the atlassian-confluence.log file, however we could not quite pinpoint what was causing the issue. What resulted in the site loading in the browser was a manual run of the server.bat file, despite the windows service running. We are seeking clarity from Atlassian as to why this was required. If you have any thoughts on this, it would be helpful as well.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events