Confluence will not display correctly in Firefox

Stef Schrader November 3, 2013

Whenever I open Confluence in Firefox, I frequently get a blank page with plain text or a page where the header links are all in a list and overlapping each other, like the style sheet/page design must not be loading at all.

I'm running Firefox 25.0 on Windows 7. Nothing I seem to do--clearing cache/cookies, restarting Firefox, restarting my computer--seems to help. Did I accidentally select the wrong settings to use Firefox?

I know Confluence works best with IE, but I do NOTHING else in IE and it's a huge hassle to switch browsers back and forth all the time.

Please help! Sometimes it also repeats the image tabs at the top all across the page, effectively displaying a bunch of grey and white stripes over my content. It's unusable.

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stef Schrader November 19, 2013

Fixed via reinstalling Firefox.

3 votes
Steven Ventimiglia February 1, 2017

If anyone experiences this issue again, the solution would be pressing CTRL-F5.

This is not just a way of refreshing the page (like CTRL-R) in Windows, but it also clears the browser cache and forces it to download the assets to a page as if you've never been there before.

I posted this comment, since it's a fairly valuable thing for Project Managers to know as well.  It will allow you to see your teams work with "fresh eyes" (although a small discussion over coffee can help as well.)  wink

Eddy November 5, 2018

THIS! ↑

Like Matt Baker likes this
0 votes
Thomas Krawczyk December 13, 2013

I'm also getting similar issues. I just tried loading the same page in FF and IE.

FF: side nav bar never loaded and status kept spinning

IE: loaded fine

Chrome: loaded fine

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2013

Confluence works best with IE? That's a new one to me, as IE seems to be the only one that gives me any problems!

Anyway, is it possible to try it quickly in Chrome? If it's ok there, then it proves it's a firefox issue, if not, then there's something really odd going on! Either way, could you also try Firefox in "safe mode" (you've tried all the other things I'd say to try with the browser), so there are no plugins loaded at all? I've run into loads of problems with Firefox, but only two turned out to be unrelated to plugins, and both of them were bugs in Confluence affecting all browsers...

Stef Schrader November 4, 2013

It seems to work fine in Chrome.

Stef Schrader November 4, 2013

I tried turning off plugins when it started acting up again.

That didn't work. It still got to a point where it won't load.

Now I just get a blank page and nothing loads.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2013

Hmm, then there's something odd in the core of firefox then. (You did mean you turned off all your Firefox plugins, not Confluence ones?). Might be worth looking at colleagues Firefoxes too - it works fine here for me.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events