Confluence user mention notifications in Slack

Christina Trocco December 5, 2018

I just rolled out Confluence and added the Atlassian official Confluence Cloud for Slack, but I have team members that want to get notified about @ user mentions that don't just go to email but get notified in Slack under Apps > Confluence. How do I do this?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2018

Answer Update:

Notifications for mentions do work between Confluence / Slack. However, it works for Comments, not page publish.

When a page is published, only the fact that the page was created is sent to the Slack Channel. But when a comment is sent, an excerpt of the comment is also sent to the Slack Channel. If someone is mentioned there, the person should receive the notification about this mention in a comment.

Here are a few details on this:

• The /confluence mentions <on/off> is user based
    • If the user turns it off, no notification about mentions will be sent
  • If the setting is off or the user is not logged in to slack, the mention will be just plain text

Hello there Christina!
Currently, notifications for mentions are not available in this add-on for Slack.
The options currently available for this software are:

slack-confluence-edit-subscription.png

We could try out a third-party add-on for Confluence called Slack for Confluence
Slack for Confluence | Atlassian Marketplace

According to the details in the plugin page, we can set notifications for mentions:

- Configure user notifications for tasks and mentions.

Christina, please let us know if this helps your situation!

Christina Trocco December 6, 2018

Hi Diego,

Thanks for the information. I was hoping this was available in the free Atlassian-supported app. But I'll test out that third-party app to see how it goes.

I'm curious if you know whether the user mention notifications are something that might get added as a feature in the near future?

Like Jamie Ruderman likes this
3 votes
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2019

I also have the official Confluence app installed in Slack and when I list the commands available it shows a command to enable or disable user mentions. Is that functionality just not available, and the command shown is just a placeholder? @Diego can you answer this?

2019-02-07 11_04_48-Window.png

Christina Trocco April 9, 2019

It sounds like user mentions work for when they are in Confluence comments but not pages. I've created a suggestion here if you want to vote/watch it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66135

3 votes
JJ January 17, 2019

I'm looking forward to a feature like this as well.
Is there something on the backlog for the Atlassian official Confluence Cloud for Slack, to be able to configure user notifications for tasks and mentions?

0 votes
Andrea Lee June 3, 2019

Bumping the feature request that was opened for this - please vote.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66135

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events