Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence upgrade - what to do with plugins

MilanCiti June 19, 2014

Hello All

What would be the right way of doing upgrade of Confluence from 3.5.7 to 5.0.3 regading plugins ( this is step to target 5.5 ). Do I need to disable all plugins before upgrade or just those that are indicated in 'Confluence Upgrade Check' saying "To proceed with your upgrade safely, we recommend that you disable these plugins, perform the product upgrade, and then upgrade these plugins after your product upgrade is complete." So far, I have tried few scenarios unsuccessfully to do upgrade in test environment

1) all plugins disabled, upgrade failed

2) all plugins enabled, upgrade failed

3) some of them are disabled, those that suggest from page 'Confluence Upgrade Check', upgrade failed

In logs there aren't ERRORs, and especially I enable a lot DEBUG in log4j.properties file just to see and understand better what is going on during upgrade.

Moreover , I 've already asked official support in this cases with logs and discussion is on-going, but before doing one more try, please advice on this 'What to do with plugins ?'

Thank in advance for your tips/hints/support.

Regards,

Milan Stakic

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2014

Hey Milan, usually we would recommend that the add-ons that would be incompatible with the version you are trying to upgrade to be disabled or uninstalled. For example, if a specific add-on would not be compatible with Confluence 5.0.3, then we'd recommend that it be disabled or uninstalled.

However, as for what is going on in the upgrade itself, I'd leave it to the able hands of the engineer handling your case :)

MilanCiti June 19, 2014

Thank you fro prompt feedabck.

Ok, let's try with unistall scenario.

Regards,

Milan

MilanCiti June 19, 2014

Hello All

After I uninstalled all user-installed plugins, I was able to do upgrade from 3.5.7 to 5.0.3, at the moment I am checking the content of our spaces, etc ...

Regards,

Milan Stakic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events