Confluence snapshot of list of JIRA Issues

Given a Confluence page, is there a way to show/save a snapshot of a list of JIRA Issues? So for a given meeting page, it will show the JIRA issues and their statuses at that point time.

I was playing around with JQL, and this query shows the issues that were open in the date range, but some are closed now.

project = TEST and status was Open DURING ("2012/6/25","2012/6/25")

3 answers

Bring up the results you want to view on the page in JIRA, on the search page click on "Views" and then right click on "XML" and select "Copy Link Location". Then go to Confluence, and embed the link:

{jiraissues:url=puturlhere}

You can modify the height and width of the field, as well as choose which columns you want displayed, like:

{jiraissues:url=puturlhere|height=300|columns=key;summary;status}

Ah, shoot - just realized you asked for a display of what they *were* and not what they currently are. If you use a macro or embed a JIRA url, it is always going to display what the current status is, so if you want a time "snapshot" I would say just use the export to pdf function (or excel) for the search and add that to the page. Of course that's not backwards compatible, but that's probably your best bet for currrent and future needs.

thanks for your comment

i was hoping to utilize the awesome embeded a JQL :/

As far as I know, even if you use a JQL search to get the same tickets in your results, it's only possible to display what their current values are. I don't think there's a way using a JQL search to get results to display as they were at a former time, unfortunately.

You export the snapshot of the issues to a PDF document, and attach that to the Confluence page.

The PDF Automation Plugin should be a handy tool to achieve this.

The add-on R4J allows you to do this. Look at Baselines. R4J does not support Atlassian Cloud at this time though. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,901 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you