Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence server showing IP address instead of subdomain name while using apache

Navrattan Jain August 26, 2020

Hi everyone,

Please i need help. 

I have Jira server and confluence server installed on single linux vm with same ip address but different ports. I installed apache2 for reverse proxy so that i can access without port number at the end. 

jira.example.com

confluence.example.com

Problem is i am able to access jira server but when i try to access confluence.example.com it opens confluence but ip address is shown instead to domain name.

I have two separate virtual host files in apache2.

Please if anyone can help to solve this issue will be great.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2020

That would suggest the base url is set to the ip address, or the proxy settings are doing something odd.

Thanks. Its working now. :) 

Can you please shed some light on how to get ssl certification for jira and confluence? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2020

Talk to a certification authority, or use self signed.  Google will find you a good list of the reputable authorities, and if you want it cheap, "letsencrypt" has rather a good product, growing in popularity.

For installing them https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/securing-your-atlassian-applications-with-apache-using-ssl-838284349.html is a decent guide.

Deleted

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2020

My guess is that you have not got the changes to the server.xml correct.  Did you make the suggested changes in the proxying connector?

Yes i did. Mow i am facing other problem. I am not able to start confluence server. Getting following error:

Using Java: /opt/atlassian/confluence/jre//bin/java

[Fatal Error] server.xml:1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.

Content is not allowed in prolog.

Content is not allowed in prolog.

2020-08-27 01:19:25,728 INFO [main] [atlassian.confluence.bootstrap.SynchronyProxyWatchdog] The Confluence context path is empty. No further action is required.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats wrong? Please help :-(

Problem is solved with this error. Server.xml file was starting with /

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events