Confluence (server) does not load remotely

Balaji November 8, 2017

Confluence server page (<IP>:8090) does not load if accessed remotely. On the same system where the server is installed, it loads fine. As such the link seems to be fine, since the Application link to Confluence inside a bitbucket server installation is fine.

2 answers

1 vote
Andrew Golokha
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2017

Hi Balaji,

Is it possible that a proxy or some other network device sits between the workstations and the server? Sometimes servers are set up on a backbone to "talk" to each other directly (so the application links would work) but workstations have to go through a firewall or proxy to reach the servers. For example, if the port 8090 is not accessible through the firewall it would cause you to be able to reach the other applications on other ports but not Confluence.

To gather more information, please try some network tests like trace route, ping and telnet. I can provide syntax if you let me know the operating system on the desktop computer.

Thanks,

Andrew

1 vote
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

Let us know what you have tried so far? With this little information we can just guess and provide you with an endless number of things to check.

-Lars

Balaji November 14, 2017

Well I have installed bitbucket, jira and confluence servers. And connected one another in the application links. Except for Confluence, I am able to access the urls.

If I access Confluence locally (<server-ip>:8090) on the same server it works fine. Even created a trial "space" in Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events