Confluence search does not find XLSX contents

Austrotherm October 16, 2019

We are currently starting to use Confluence.
I uploaded a .xlsx file to confluence that contains a kind of "solution diary" for common problems that was used for documentation problems before.
Confluence should be able to search its contents and show the document in the search-results searching text that is in the file, however, it does not.
When converting the file to .xls before uploading to confluence it works fine.

I tried resetting the index (the "soft" variant via admin panel first and when it didn't change the search results I shut down confluence, deleted the recommended folders index and journal, restarted confluence and rebuilt the index. Still, .xlsx is not being searched in.

Excel 2007 content extractor app is enabled, I did not fiddle around with that.

Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Additional information:

When adding the exact same XLSX file to a cloud-hosted confluence server (we still have one left from evaluation), indexation works as expected and search delivers the file as result for search terms that appear in the file.

3 answers

4 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2019

Hello @Austrotherm,

Thank you for reporting this to us. Another user in Confluence does not search in attached Excel Workbook xlsx files reported this same issue, and I was able to replicate it now and create a bug for it. 

You can click This affects my team on the bug below, and you will be added to the list of watchers to receive updates on this in the future:

In the meantime, I hope you can use the .xls files as a workaround.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Austrotherm November 25, 2019

Thank you for your support.

I wrote a comment in Jira considering the workaround.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2019

Great, thank you very much!

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
NOC Info Admin Account
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 6, 2019

We observed the same problem... Any news/solution to that?

Austrotherm November 6, 2019

Unfortunately, we were not able to fix the problem in our Confluence installation yet.
I will gladly add information here if there is any news on that.

0 votes
Austrotherm October 16, 2019

<text moved to edit section of post above>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events