We are currently starting to use Confluence.
I uploaded a .xlsx file to confluence that contains a kind of "solution diary" for common problems that was used for documentation problems before.
Confluence should be able to search its contents and show the document in the search-results searching text that is in the file, however, it does not.
When converting the file to .xls before uploading to confluence it works fine.
I tried resetting the index (the "soft" variant via admin panel first and when it didn't change the search results I shut down confluence, deleted the recommended folders index and journal, restarted confluence and rebuilt the index. Still, .xlsx is not being searched in.
Excel 2007 content extractor app is enabled, I did not fiddle around with that.
When adding the exact same XLSX file to a cloud-hosted confluence server (we still have one left from evaluation), indexation works as expected and search delivers the file as result for search terms that appear in the file.
Thank you for reporting this to us. Another user in Confluence does not search in attached Excel Workbook xlsx files reported this same issue, and I was able to replicate it now and create a bug for it.
You can click This affects my team on the bug below, and you will be added to the list of watchers to receive updates on this in the future:
In the meantime, I hope you can use the .xls files as a workaround.
Let me know if you have any questions about this.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event