• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence search does not find XLSX contents Edited

We are currently starting to use Confluence.
I uploaded a .xlsx file to confluence that contains a kind of "solution diary" for common problems that was used for documentation problems before.
Confluence should be able to search its contents and show the document in the search-results searching text that is in the file, however, it does not.
When converting the file to .xls before uploading to confluence it works fine.

I tried resetting the index (the "soft" variant via admin panel first and when it didn't change the search results I shut down confluence, deleted the recommended folders index and journal, restarted confluence and rebuilt the index. Still, .xlsx is not being searched in.

Excel 2007 content extractor app is enabled, I did not fiddle around with that.

Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Additional information:

When adding the exact same XLSX file to a cloud-hosted confluence server (we still have one left from evaluation), indexation works as expected and search delivers the file as result for search terms that appear in the file.

3 answers

4 votes

Hello @Austrotherm,

Thank you for reporting this to us. Another user in Confluence does not search in attached Excel Workbook xlsx files reported this same issue, and I was able to replicate it now and create a bug for it. 

You can click This affects my team on the bug below, and you will be added to the list of watchers to receive updates on this in the future:

In the meantime, I hope you can use the .xls files as a workaround.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Thank you for your support.

I wrote a comment in Jira considering the workaround.

Like Shannon Spaniol likes this

Great, thank you very much!

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

<text moved to edit section of post above>

We observed the same problem... Any news/solution to that?

Unfortunately, we were not able to fix the problem in our Confluence installation yet.
I will gladly add information here if there is any news on that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

415 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you