Confluence: report ADVANCE DETAILS from pages

Katherine Purcell April 13, 2022

Hello!

Confluence has the out of the box Analytics which is useful to assess when a page was created, when it was last modified, when it was last viewed.  

I am looking for a way to report on those data points AND, the actual creator name and last update name.  I find this info per page in ADVANCED DETAILS but it is not included in the Analytics. 

My user profile is for READ and WRITE.

Questions:

1. Does an Admin profile in Confluence enable more sophisticated reporting that would include the two additional data points I am looking for?

2. What is the best addon Macro to use for reporting on these data points.

thank you!

KPurcell

3 answers

1 vote
Mattia _bitvoodoo ag_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2023

Hello Katherine,

If you don't want to generate the desired report manually, the Content & Usage Report of the Viewtracker app fulfills most of your requirements. This report shows not only how many times and who viewed the content, but also who was a contributor in the specified period. That is, who either created or updated the page.

And the handy filters help quickly identify content that is either newly created, has been viewed little or not at all or content that is gathering dust.

I am part of the team that develops this app. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Mattia

1 vote
Roland Traier-Kiss _Midori_ April 26, 2023

Hi @Katherine Purcell ,

You can also use the CQL Search app and its macro to query and display the desired list of Confluence pages with the required data points.

If you want to take a more advanced approach, you can also use custom statuses using Better Content Archiving for Confluence Cloud and display a list of pages by status for example. This macro collects expired pages with the last modifier user and last modifier date (you could add the created date or other data as well):

confluence-cql-search-macro.png

(Please note that Better Content Archiving for Confluence is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
CelesteCS December 5, 2022

Hi Katherine,

If you need a Confluence page report, you may have a look at CelesteCS Reporting for Confluence plug-in, which allows building reports using different Confluence page (and Jira issue) fields and supports dozens of functions to be applied to it. Here is an example article, which describes how to create a report like this:

Step_Result.png

If you need any additional fields from the Confluence pages to be supported, feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events