Confluence preview not working

James Wood November 28, 2014

Username: dajve
(Confluence Administrator)

* Can edit
* Can save
* Cannot preview

Clicking preview brings up the loading spinner in footer bar and disables Preview, Save, and Cancel buttons.
Never completes preview action (loading spinner remains indefinitely, buttons remain disabled).

Any changes cannot be saved, even with keystroke Ctrl+S

Checking Ajax request:
https://thedistance.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/rendercontent.action is called on clicking preview.

Returns HTML response (markup stripped out here): 

* Administration
* Users 
You are not permitted to perform this operation.

Additionally, on page load there is a 404 Not Found response for the URL https://thedistance.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/gliffy/1.0/ceo/9437189/permission?_=1417157322715

This appears to have happened since being added to the Global Administrators group.

Previewing a page works as expected.
Previewing a space template works as expected.

2 answers

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2014

Hi James,

I couldn't find a bug for Cloud instances and this behavior yet. I suggest to check the behavior with other browsers and other users to confirm if they. if the issue persists, I suggest to get in touch with the Cloud support team to analyze this behavior.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
James Wood November 30, 2014

Hi Rodrigo

We have checked this using Chrome and Firefox on Ubuntu 14.04.

Our developer who reported this suggests that, as this is an Ajax Forbidden response, that this may not be related to a browser. This appears only on Global Templates.

I have personally checked the permissions and this doesn't seem to be the cause of it.

Thanks

James 

Steve Darlington June 24, 2017

I am experiencing this today, is there a fix for this.  I see yours goes all the way back to 2014.  I am on chrome. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events