Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - permissions

Yuriy April 12, 2018

Hi, community!

Can I give permission to view the certain page in space to a person without giving access to all space?

Thanks in adwance

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2018

Hi Yuriy,

This is possible, but it requires a lot of steps.

1. First, the user will need to have a Confluence license.
  2. Second, you will want to make sure to grant them access to the one space only which contains the page. You can have a look here for information on how to do that: How to grant access to one space only to a user in Confluence. Those instructions are for Cloud but if you're on Server it will only be slightly different. You can read the exception note at the bottom for those details.
  3. Once you have provided access to the space, you will then need to edit each page individually that you do not want them to have access to, and restrict them using Page Restrictions.

It is a lot of work but you can get the end result you require.

Let us know if you have any trouble!

Regards,

Shannon

Yuriy April 16, 2018

Thanks, Shannon! I know this way, it`s possible but needs to edit restrictions of all pages in space, even in newly created. It`s not an optimal way.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2018

Hi @Yuriy

By default isn't possible but this app allows to share pages. It is very similar to the public links of dropbox!

Cheers,

Yuriy April 16, 2018

thanks, Leo. It can be true, but I think it`s possible to do this free.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events