Confluence pages won't load

AHorvath April 19, 2023

Dear Community,

I am having a problem with pages not loading. Initially, my organization's (free) Confluence instance started randomly throwing this error, "We can't find the content. We looked everywhere, but it just doesn’t exist. Unless, of course, the URL has a typo in it 😉 Go Home" Confluence started to load the page, then it stopped and displayed the error. There aren't any typos in the URL, I'm always clicking on the internal (Confluence-generated) links.

So, I cleared my cookies (in Edge and Chrome) and now pages start to load but they don't finish. Images are incomplete and there's a spinning "loading" icon on the page. I am not able to click on any side nav menu items, so I can only go to pages for which I have direct links saved as bookmarks, or links on the current page. When I follow those links the pages don't load either.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your insights.

Angel Horvath

confluenceError.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

@AHorvath Welcome to the Atlassian community

Are you having this issue with all your confluence pages?  Is everyone having the same issue?   Are your pages really large?

AHorvath April 20, 2023

Hi @Brant Schroeder thank you for responding. Yes, I have the problem with all the Confluence pages. My colleagues are also having the problem. Some of them are short (the pages, not the colleagues) and some are longer, maybe seven screens long or so (3 minute read). The pages are mostly text or they also contain tables. A few pages contain screen shots. It can take several minutes for the pages to load. Sometimes they never load (i.e., 30 minutes later they still haven't loaded).

Thank you.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

@AHorvath What plan are you on, free?

AHorvath April 20, 2023

Yes, sir.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2023

@AHorvath Let me escalate so Atlassian can take a look at your instance.

AHorvath April 20, 2023

Thank you @Brant Schroeder but will Atlassian look at it? I contacted them previously and they referred me to the Community because it's a free plan.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2023

If you are on a free plan how did you contact them?  The support form will redirect you to the community.  If that is what you are referring to then no one would have looked at it yet.  

One additional question.  Does this occur when accessing the pages on all networks? Have you tried on a personal computer?

Also, are you using a VPN?  If you are using a VPN have you tried disconnecting and seeing if the page loads?

AHorvath April 20, 2023

I contacted Atlassian via a customer support form on Atlassian's website. The human who replied to the inquiry did redirect me to Community.

We do have a work VPN but I cannot disable it to test Confluence. (We deal with sensitive information so they're taking no chances.)

I tried accessing our site on my personal computer which is not on a VPN, and the pages loaded fine.

Does that mean we need to look to the VPN and what might have changed over the past few weeks?

Cheers,

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2023

@AHorvath 

Yes you will need to work with your network team.  It sounds like a routing issue.  They should be able to fix the issue for you.

AHorvath April 20, 2023

Thank you @Brant Schroeder for troubleshooting. :-)

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2023

@AHorvath feel free to accept the answer to help others.

Like AHorvath likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events