It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence on Chrome won't load

Connor Hartford Mar 01, 2018

When I try and go to our Confluence site, the Confluence logo shows for a brief second with the rest of the page white, and then the logo disappears and the page is just white.  Nothing is loading and there is no error code or anything to help troubleshoot what is happening.

I have tried various links, every time it's the same issue.  I get email updates from Confluence and I will try to view page, and I get the issue, I will just try going to the home page and I get the issue.

When I open MS Edge, Confluence works just fine.  This seems to be an issue with Chrome but I don't know what it could be.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

4 answers

0 votes
Shannon Spaniol Atlassian Team Mar 02, 2018

Connor,

1. Can you let us know what version of Chrome this occurs in? 
  2. What version of Confluence are you using?
  3. Does it occur on all machines with Chrome installed, or only certain ones?
  4. If you clear your cache will the issue continue?

Regards,

Shannon

Chiang Tan May 14, 2018

Hi Shannon,

I have the same issue too. Here are my settings

1) Chrome Version 50.0.2661.94 m

2) Confluence site not loading, so cannot tell which version, my guess it should be the latest, as it is hosted on jira.com

3) Only certain machine, and the machine was still able to access confluence an hour ago

4) I've cleared the cache, and rebooted windows, but the issue still persists

Shannon Spaniol Atlassian Team May 15, 2018

Hi Chiang,

Thank you for providing that information. Sounds like you're on Cloud!

1. Can you tell me if you enable Safe Mode on the browser, does the issue persist? 
  2. Can you also try disabling all add-ons?
  3. When you check the Developer Tools console in Chrome, what errors do you see when the page tries to load?
  4. Lastly, do you have a firewall or antivirus enabled on the computer? Can you bypass those and see if you can access the page?

Shannon

Chiang Tan May 16, 2018

Hi Shannon,

Surprisingly, after about 2 hours after making the comment above (on Monday), Confluence started working fine again (without any changes on my end).

I can rule out network/antivirus/firewall issue, as during the time I have issue with Confluence, I can still access Jira/Bitbucket fine, and my co-workers all have no issue with Confluence at that time

My suspicious is that, there are some cache on the server (cloud) related to my account being flushed, which is totally outside of my control.

Shannon Spaniol Atlassian Team May 17, 2018

Hi Chiang,

There's certainly a cache that we can flush on your instance if you run into it again, if you want to see if it helps. For that I would recommend raising a support ticket so our team can take care of that for you.

Thank you for letting me know it's working at this time!

Regards,

Shannon

Sherry Umlah Nov 06, 2018

I'm having this same issue.  I can view it in Firefox but not Chrome.  Ruled out network/antivirus/firewall and local cache.  

Peter LoBue Nov 06, 2018 • edited

Same. I see this in the developer console:

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 6.12.11 PM.png

Jumbo Xue Nov 12, 2018 • edited

Same...Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Peter LoBue Nov 12, 2018

Delete your cache. Super annoying but it works. I've had to do it twice already

Like # people like this
Mihai Badita Dec 06, 2018

Same here on Chrome 70.0.3538.110. Clearing the cache does not help.

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 12.18.59 PM.png

Francis Raymond Dec 11, 2018

I'm experiencing this issue as well. Cleared my cache, multiple times, but still not loading properly in Chrome. Works fine in Safari. I also tried disabling all extensions, even deleting and re-installing Chrome. Issue persists.

I've actually experienced a variety of issues with Confluence or Jira not displaying as it should in the past two months:

1. Right now, pages are blank, or Atlassian logo (loader) appears, but no content

2. Sometimes Confluence page content is visible, but when I try to edit page content, I get a blank page. Again, I can open and edit the same page in Safari, so I know it is not a permission issue.

3. A few times, I was able to start editing a page, but was not able to save changes.

These issues began after installing Mojave.

Guy Pearson Dec 12, 2018

I've got the same issue as Francis above. only thing i've installed is hubspot browser extension on chrome. 

Works fine in safari.

Oliver Emmler Dec 14, 2018

I have the same Issue. While Confluence loads fine in Safari in Chrome it doesn't. deleting Browser Cache and all data works for some time but will go back to make problems very soon after that. Any help?

Ivan Sugerman Dec 18, 2018

I am seeing this issue as well - I am not able to add new pages in Chrome 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Yevhenii Kundii Dec 25, 2018

The same problem, it works in Safari and Chrome(Incognito), but doesn't work in Chrome ( can't create or edit pages in confluence) ((((

Paulo Carvalho I'm New Here Jan 11, 2019

Same problem here with Chrome version 71.0.3578.98 64-bit.

I needed to clear cache in order to load Confluence pages.

Jeannie Kidd I'm New Here Apr 04, 2019 • edited

I encountered the same issue.  It appears that I wasn't able to clear cache either as it just stalled every time I tried. My issue seemed to be caused by corrupted Chrome.  Uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome resolved it.

Anna Roberts Apr 29, 2019

Same issue. Have had to clear the cache and restarted Chrome multiple time per day, which isn't a reasonable fix.

0 votes
Steve Molzahn I'm New Here Jan 26, 2019

Here are the steps that worked for me to fix the issue.

1. Delete your browser's cache

2. sign-out of confluence (lower left button to logout).

3. Go the URL you typically use and sign into Confluence.

4. There is no step 4

I had this happen with all my browsers on one computer; Firefox, Safari and Chrome which lead me to this solution. Followed these steps and everything popped off. Worked in all the browsers mention above.

Hope this helps everyone. Super annoying issue.

0 votes
John Webster Apr 04, 2019

I've had this happen and it's required a Chrome restart because of an upgrade. To check, go to Help --> about google chrome and check if an update requires a restart. This fixes it for me on Mac's

0 votes
Jian Yao I'm New Here Apr 13, 2019

I have similar problem. When open confluence with localhost:8090 in Chrome, only text of web page can be displayed, no images at all. But if access through 127.0.0.1:8090, all contents are visible.

After clearing caches in Chrome. Then all site works fine.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

907 views 6 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you