Confluence not sending mails from mail queue

Madhav Kompella October 24, 2014

We are having this issue where one of the 2 Confluence servers (that operate in a clustered environment) is not sending out mail notifications that are in its queue. The other server is sending out notifications perfectly normally. We are able to force these notifications out by clicking on "Flush Mail Queue". Any hints as to why the mails are not being automatically sent? 

We are running Confluence 5.4.4 

4 answers

0 votes
Mathiyalagan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2015

Team,

We frequently having this issue with our confluence instance? Does anyone have Idea what really causing this problem. Is there any permanent solution for this issue?

0 votes
Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

I am having the same problem, and when I flush the mail queue is send 1 of the 100 emails.

So then I click flush again and in the logs  I get "doFlush Queue was sending - skipped mail flush this time."

0 votes
Madhav Kompella December 2, 2014

The system seems to have resolved itself since the database to which the application was pointed to, changed this last weekend - so all good now. Would still be nice to understand why this happened though..

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2014

If you look at Administration > Scheduled Jobs, are you seeing one for "Flush Mail Queue"? If so, check whether is is disabled or it has next schedule in the past. You can click on "Run" to activate it and change the interval if needed.

If that is not the issue, check the logs to see if there are any errors.

Yes, there is a job called "Flush Mail queue", and it is scheduled, and is active. Its actually running every minute according to the "History". However, when I manually run it - it sends the mail. But the automatic triggers don't seem to send out the notifications. Checked the tomcat logs as well - but no errors about mails or notifications listed there. Anything else?

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2014

Anything different in the atlassian-confluence.log file? If not, have you tried a restart yet?

Tried a restart already - and am not sure if I can find the location of this atlassian-confluence.log file.. can u provide pointers to how I can find that pls?

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2014

It will be under your Conlfuence_Home/logs folder. You can find the Conlfuence Home under Administration > System Info.

Madhav Kompella October 26, 2014

Checked those logs - but couldn't find anything that pointed to any errors.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events