Confluence not loading on google chrome

Tristan January 18, 2021

I'm currently having issues trying to load the confluence pages past the edit screen. Anything i do once i have pressed the pencil freezes the page or alternatively the page wont even load once i click on the pencil. This is also the same issue with my colleague, he resolved it by using Mozilla Firefox, but i would rather not upend the platform i use as it has worked fine in the past.

Microsoft Surface laptop Nov 2019,

Google Chrome

Windows 

Latest updates are all complete.

1 answer

1 vote
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

@Tristan 

Based on the information you provided, it means that your friend is unable to open Confluence in Chrome as well.

• What was the last change made to Confluence that you think could have triggered this problem? 
  • Did you add a plugin?
  • Did you upgrade Chrome? Did you try to clear the history?
  • Can you try to access the instance from a a laptop or a different device?

Best,

Fadoua

Tristan January 21, 2021
  • The only changes we made was adding more text and photo's to pages we are building out.
  • No, as this is happening to both of us, i can't imagine anything we have done on our own laptops to be the reason the webpage wont load.
  • We have not updated it unless it has updated in the background, i also have no intention of clearing my history.
  • Yes, we can access it from any other device as well as from the same laptop but using Mozilla as i previously stated.

The end result had us move to mozilla to run confluence, as well as introduce multiple permissions from my virus software for confluence to operate. My virus software is incorrectly identifying confluence pages in "editor" mode to be advertisements or something along those lines. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

@Tristan 

Please click here then submit a support ticket to Atlassian

Best,

Fadoua

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders