Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence not accepting POST authentication after upgrade to 7.16.2

rjayanth March 31, 2022

On our software platform, we have a feature that allows users to view Help content in an iframe. The iframe loads a Confluence page where we create Help content. This Help page requires a login since we have restricted access to it. The login credentials are hard coded in the code, and using the POST method, we authenticate and then load the Help page for users.

This setup worked perfectly fine until we upgraded from Confluence Data Center 7.0.2 to 7.16.2. When I inspect the page while loading the iframe, I see a 405 error. We have been trying a lot of solutions but nothing seems to work so far.

Can anyone help us with a possible resolution to this problem?

Here are the errors that we see upon inspection:

The resource from “https://portal.abc.abcdefg.com/abc_17.0/css/common.css” was blocked due to MIME type (“text/html”) mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff).

Status

Method Not Allowed

VersionHTTP/2
Transferred37.90 KB (37.43 KB size)
Referrer Policystrict-origin-when-cross-origin

1 answer

0 votes
Alvaro Fabian Hernandez Ramirez
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2022

Hi rjayanth,

Maybe, yo can check the security of Confluence, and, if you create a user token from a custom user only to consult, maybe that work, because, in the last updates from atlassian, the authentication method is changed to a session token.

this is a documentation of support for a datacenter version, i hope you can read and, maybe, resolve the issue

https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/using-personal-access-tokens-1026032365.html

try this and tellus!

Alvaro Hernandez

rjayanth April 3, 2022

Thank you for your response, Alvaro! We will try this and report back.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events