Confluence nonformatted text

Jakub Ryška May 9, 2013

Hi, I want to intersperse some description with examples of code. So I want the code to be in fixed length font. When I select some chunk of text and click on the preformatted, whole line get's in this fixed size font. How do I change only the exact part?

3 answers

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2013

Jakub,

You can also use, in Edit mode, Insert/other macros and then choose the "Insert code block" macro.

When you open that you can choose the format options from the "Syntax highliting" drop down menu.

There's loads of options there.

I think that might give you what you want. Cheers.

Jakub Ryška May 9, 2013

That's not bad, but it looks like it takes a whole line, not counting the border. What I want is to intersperse short code snippets with text description. On stackoverflow, I would use backticks for that.

0 votes
Petch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2013

Which version of Confluence are you using, and which browser?

Jakub Ryška May 9, 2013

I added an image with an edit to the answer, but it didn't show in the non-edit mode, you can look at it, I guess you have edit privileges.

Jakub Ryška May 9, 2013

4.3.3, firefox 20

0 votes
Petch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2013

You can select the text and pick "Monospace" from the formatter dropdown in the toolbar. The is under the "more" item after bold, italic, underline, and colour.

You can also use a wiki shortcut by typing {{monospace}}. The final } will convert the content to monospace.

Jakub Ryška May 9, 2013

Ok, I did try the {{thing, but when the converting thing happens?

Jakub Ryška May 9, 2013

I have no monospace option there. Nor typing {{abc def}} will result in monospace neither

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events