Confluence nonformatted text

Hi, I want to intersperse some description with examples of code. So I want the code to be in fixed length font. When I select some chunk of text and click on the preformatted, whole line get's in this fixed size font. How do I change only the exact part?

3 answers

You can select the text and pick "Monospace" from the formatter dropdown in the toolbar. The is under the "more" item after bold, italic, underline, and colour.

You can also use a wiki shortcut by typing {{monospace}}. The final } will convert the content to monospace.

Ok, I did try the {{thing, but when the converting thing happens?

I have no monospace option there. Nor typing {{abc def}} will result in monospace neither

Which version of Confluence are you using, and which browser?

I added an image with an edit to the answer, but it didn't show in the non-edit mode, you can look at it, I guess you have edit privileges.

4.3.3, firefox 20

Jakub,

You can also use, in Edit mode, Insert/other macros and then choose the "Insert code block" macro.

When you open that you can choose the format options from the "Syntax highliting" drop down menu.

There's loads of options there.

I think that might give you what you want. Cheers.

That's not bad, but it looks like it takes a whole line, not counting the border. What I want is to intersperse short code snippets with text description. On stackoverflow, I would use backticks for that.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

374 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you