Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence markup changes by itself

Barclay Dunn December 4, 2013

I have some big API docs in our confluence system and often when I edit part of the doc, it will cascade a bunch of changes down thru the doc. So for instance I set up a TOC that only shows Heading 4's. I've made a simple change to something in the doc and all the Heading 4's change to Paragraphs without my touching them at all (so they no longer show up in the TOC). Or suddenly after I save I have a bunch of extraneous Heading 4's. I have lots of sections of Preformatted Code that gets changed to Paragraphs by itself. In short I am finding the editor extremely hard to predict and work with because I never know what the F it's going to do with my text. I know you have no plans to restore the ability to see the actual formatting of the code, which is too bad, because at least then I knew why my text was doing what it was doing! Anyway, if there is something I can do to prevent this happening, I'd really appreciate it. We're using Confluence 5.2.5.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2013

Hello Barclay,

the Source Editor Plugin may be helpful in your case, at least to check the source code:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor.confluence-source-editor

Regards,
Kirstin

Barclay Dunn January 9, 2014

Accepted as the best workaround available. Confluence gets up to hijinks with the html unless you edit it using the plugin. I got our admins to install the plugin and it has helped a lot. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events