Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence link dialog hangs upon rendering breadcrumb

Thomas Wohlwend January 19, 2023

Hi

When I open the Link dialog (ctrl+k), search for a page and select an existing confluence page, the dialog hangs. It cannot render the breadcrumb. This is repeatable and occurs every time with certain pages, not with others. 

I cannot determine which pages produce the problem. First, I thought it was only pages with special characters in the title. But that is not the problem. Then I thought it was pages with restrictions. But also there, the pattern is not consistent.

There are no errors generated in the log and the browser devtools do not show any error.

I'm stuck and don't know where to look. 

I have one other strange behaviour since I upgraded to v7.13: every time I @mention someone Confluence adds a garbage character "Â" after the mention.  I have no other issues on the site. Maybe there's a clue?

Any idea where to look next?

Running Confluence v7.13.7 on a Windows VM with Postgres 9.6

Many thanks for a quick answer, since this is very annoying for our users.

1 answer

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2023

Hi @Thomas Wohlwend ,

You could run the encoding test to make sure it's not a problem with that.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/troubleshooting-character-encodings-167194.html

There was once an error in Confluence that the page titles were not saved correct in the database, the lower page title was not saved correct, which led to various problems. 

If you have access to the database, you could check that the lower page title looks correct. 

Thomas Wohlwend January 20, 2023

Hi @Bastian Stehmann 

I ran the character encoding test and everything looks okay, see screenshot below.

I do have access to the database. Would you kindly provide a query that I can run to get the lower page titles?

Many thanks for your help.

image.png

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2023

Hi @Thomas Wohlwend ,

I can't check the database currently, but I think it's the content table, you can check by content name, I think.

I should be able to check on Monday, if needed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events