Confluence license - moving an instance and have a few questions.

I need to migrate my Confluence instance to a new network, and want to test restoring my existing instance on the new network while the existing instance is still up/running. Will I be able to take a backup of my existing instance, move it over to the new network, and test bringing it up while my existing instance is still running? Will I need to use a temporary license or anything?

Also, once the move is complete, will I need a new license for my new instance of Confluence to run on the new machine?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes

This is exactly the sort of thing your developer licences are for.  Go into your my.atlassian account, find your full licence and look beneath it - you'll see a link to "developer" licence.  Use that during migration, then when your new production system is fully working, put your production licence on it.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,901 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you