Confluence keyboard shortcuts on Mac, Control maps to Command

Anne Stern March 27, 2016

Is anyone else seeing this?  I'm on a El Capitan using Chrome with Confluence.  I normally use a lot of the handy control-based editing shortcuts on mac like Ctrl+A to go to the beginning of a line, Ctrl+K to delete through end of line, etc.  But what I'm finding with Confluence is that Ctrl is being mapped to Command and trying to use those editing shortcuts is resulting in invocation of Confluence shortcuts that are listed as binding to Cmd+A, Cmd+K, etc.  Argh....

If anyone is seeing this, would you consider this a bug?  Is this something that one can work around?  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2016

Isn't this by design? https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf54/confluence-user-s-guide/getting-started-with-confluence/keyboard-shortcuts

If you are using Safari on OS X, please substitute 'Control' for 'Cmd' in the shortcuts below.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events