Confluence incomplete XML Backup restoration

Cormant Systems Administrator April 25, 2022

Hi All,

This is my second time posting about this topic. I will give a little background story of what happened.

So we have Confluence Software Server installed on one of our physical server and unfortunately, all the disk in the said server got corrupt including the installation and home path of our confluence.

Our only backup is the XML file and I tried to restore it but during restoration, we encountered a problem about exportDescriptor. Then I checked our XML backup files and noticed that it only have the attachment and plugin folder. So I check on Atlassian documents about healthy backup and found out that entities.xml and exportDescriptor is missing on our XML backup.

My question is: Can we still restore our Confluence without this 2 missing file? or can we make or recreate our own entities and exportDescriptor file? 

Note: We cannot re generate backup from our Confluence server because it was corrupted and already reformatted. Our only hope now is the incomplete XML backup.

Thank you all!

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2023

Hello, I got hit be the latest security hole that ended up with our instance wiped. Didn't think it was too bad as we had the daily backups, only to discover the backups were not complete (missing those files). Did you ever come up with a solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events