Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence import from backup

Joey Radabaugh August 14, 2013

In order to add Jira we recently needed to export our Confluence site so that it's account could be closed and re-opened at the same time as Jira. From the Confluence Admin page, we went to Backup Manager, Create Backup, then closed the account as per an email on how to add Jira to Confluence. After opening the new account that now has Jira and Confluence together we are unable to import the backup.zip file. In the new account we select the Confluence Admin page again, click Import Spaces, and an error is returned "Only Confluence space exports can be imported."

How did we do this wrong. I've tried to read through the Importing a site guide at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+a+Confluence+Site and have seen the note about not being able to import a site in On Demand with Jira and Confluence but surely there must be some way of doing this as I'm pretty sure we did what was needed per an Atlassian email. The email read "While we work out on a more robust solution for this, a workaround is to export Confluence spaces and import them to a separate, new instance containing both JIRA and Confluence OnDemand"

Any advice?

Joey

2 answers

0 votes
Joey Radabaugh August 15, 2013

Ok, so it was a terminology mistake of the different methods of backing different things up. I think I've got it from here. Possible suggestion for future consideration attached.

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2013

Hi Joey,

Atlassian has just launched a solution to allow customers to add JIRA to a Confluence instance seamlessly. Bad timing, eh?

As for the problem you have now, it seems that you've taken a full Confluence export from backup manager, instead of creating individual space backups as the documentation suggests. The only way out not is to restore the backup.zip file you have in a Confluence-only instance, using the Site Import tool (only available in Confluence-only instances). Then, export each space individually and import them into a JIRA+Confluence instance.

The documentation below might be useful:

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events