Confluence ignoring JAVA_HOME

Deleted user February 2, 2016

I've been going around in circles most of yesterday and today.

I've installed Jira, works fine.  Service is going.

I've installed Confluence, won't install as service.  I've downloaded the latest JDK after and updated JAVA_HOME.  (this after trying with 1.6 JDK, and setting JAVA_HOME, etc. etc.).

image2016-2-2 10:0:32.png

I cannot get Confluence to install properly.  I had no problems on another machine (Windows 10).  We're evaluating  Confluence for purchase.  This is not boding well...

I need a legitimate answer here.  I've searched google, Atlassian forums, cannot find anything for CONFLUENCE not installing properly.

image2016-2-2 10:2:33.png

thanks in advance.

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user February 3, 2016

I did notice the line "ignoring JAVA_HOME" is actually hard-coded into the service.bat file.  so it's actually failing on the EXECUTE command to install the service.

0 votes
Deleted user February 2, 2016

thanks!  I did that.  but I'd still like to see a solution here too.

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2016

Hi @Allan Engle - I'm not sure about the solution to this specific problem, but thought I should let you know that you're entitled to full technical support from Atlassian even though you're only evaluating Confluence.  You can create a 1:1 private support ticket if you go to https://support.atlassian.com and a support engineer can work with you to debug this problem. smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events